AAIE - Jennifer Abrams
LEADERSHIP LEARNING SERIES
Stretching Your Learning Edges: Growing (Up) at Work
Collaboration is one of the most frequently used words in education and, in some ways, the least taught. Our ability to collaborate and our willingness to engage respectfully with one another matters for the health of the school and the collective well-being of all within it. How do we stretch ourselves at our learning edges to become our best adult selves at school? How do we communicate well with one another in service of our students? Based on Jennifer Abrams new book, Stretching Your Learning Edges: Growing (Up) at Work, participants will explore key ideas around which each team member can develop his or herself to become an even better value-add to the group.
This high engagement 3 session experience will offer you opportunities to align this work with the work of the district and your specific team. It will include ways to identify your own learning edges using guiding questions, developmental continuums, self-assessments and exercises for each of the five facets. Time will be provided for setting goals, implementing new learnings and considering next steps for yourself and your team.
- September 7, 2022
- October 13, 2022
- November 2, 2022*
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN TO:
- Understand themselves and others through the lens of identity/ies
- Suspend certainty and think with greater complexity and openness
- Take increased responsibility for their language and communications
- Engage with reciprocity and live ‘out loud’ the belief of mutual respect for all
- Build resiliency and work on emotional health for self and other