The AAIE International School Board Evaluation Instrument
v.1.0 June 6, 2020
The Evaluation Instrument at a Glance
Part I. Rate the degree to which the Board performs each element of the seven indicators of an effective Board of Trustees.
1. Performance Roles & Fulfilling Responsibilities
2. Meeting Fiduciary Responsibilities
3. Building and Sustaining the Board
4. Hiring and Sustaining the Head
5. Optimizing Board Operations
6. Being Strategic
7. Being Accountable
Part II. Fill-in the first column with specific Board Goals for the year and then rate the degree to which the Board achieved those goals.
The AAIE International School Board Development Curriculum is a component of the AAIE Governance Suite by David Chojnacki and Rick Detwiler, licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. Under this Creative Commons license, you are free to share this material — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format, under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- NoDerivatives — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.