Webinars and Online Learning
- 8 January 2018 - Will Richardson: Reimagine Learning in 2018: A Five Step Plan to Launch High-Bar Change in Schools
- 24 January 2018 - Dr. Scott Poland: Cyberbullying Prevention in the Screen Age
- Recordings available - The Clearpath to Safety for You and Your School
Join 52nd AAIE Opening Keynote Will Richardson for a FREE Webinar Opportunity 8 January 2018
In this exclusive and live interactive workshop, you'll learn how to make 2018 a year of re-imagination at your school, starting with a proven five-step plan for change.
Drawn from the ideas in our highly popular whitepaper "10 Principles of Modern Learning", this workshop will challenge your thinking and build your capacity regardless of your role in schools.
Monday January 8th, 2018
Offered at two times: 2pm EST and 8pm EST (US)
Find the time in your timezone
Are you ready to Change.School?
AAIE Keynote Speaker
Will Richardson has spent the last dozen years developing an international reputation as a leading thinker and writer about the intersection of social online learning networks and education. He was one of a handful of original education bloggers (willrichardson.com) and his work has appeared in numerous journals, newspapers, and magazines such as Ed Leadership, District Administration, Education Week, The New York Times and English Journal. He is an outspoken advocate for change in schools and classrooms in the context of the diverse new learning opportunities that the Web and other technologies now offer, and has worked with educators in over 20 countries to understand the opportunities and challenges of learning in the modern world Read More...
|What you will Learn?|
- A five-step process for launching serious reimagination efforts in your school.
- Why 2018 is a critical moment for change in schools.
- The fundamental questions that will drive your change initiative.
- The most effective ways of engaging your school community in high-level change discussions.
- Ways to deal with barriers to change.
Who should attend?
- School superintendents, principals, and headmasters thinking seriously about change in their schools
- School board members or trustees supporting change initiatives
- Teachers seeking leadership roles in schools
- Education consultants working on change projects
- University educators involved in ed leadership programs
Would you like to see more of Will and engage with Will and other leading colleagues from around the world in conversations on Re-Imagining International Education topics?
AAIE 2018 Summer Institute Taster
Dr. Scott Poland: Cyberbullying Prevention in the Screen Age
Please Join Us
Wednesday, January 24, 2018
3:00 - 4:00 PM EST
All PSI webinars are recorded for those who cannot watch live. If you cannot attend, Register Now and you will be notified when the recording is available in our Webinar Library.
There are estimates that teenagers spend six hours or more per day on their technology devices. Unfortunately, technology provides the perfect forum for relational bullying and the anonymity of technology results in messaging that is more nasty and humiliating than if said in person.
Schools have been uncertain how to respond to cyberbullying and many have thought since it occurred away from school that it was not their problem. However, it almost always impacts learning. School personnel have described responding to cyberbullying as a very time-consuming slippery slope.
This webinar will provide an overview of cyberbullying and discuss how it is intertwined with regular bullying. It will outline important steps for teaching digital citizenship and how parents can be encouraged to provide closer supervision of their children's technology.
- Understand the impact of technology screen time on children and teens.
- Analyze the impact cyberbullying has on students.
- Learn through case examples how schools must investigate cyberbullying incidents and provide consequences for the bully and support for the victim.
- Identify practical steps that schools can take to help students become more respectful online and reduce cyberbullying.
- Provide practical suggestions that schools can share with parents to increase their supervision of their child's technology and to understand that technology is a privilege not a right.
Provided in partnership with Dr. Scott Poland and PSI
The Clearpath to Safety for You and Your School
The official security & safety app of #AAIE18
When: January 25, 2018
9 AM EST and 12 Noon EST
Join us for an informative and engaging thirty minute webinar to learn how to:
>Streamline your Emergency Planning Management for your school
>Use TOTALITY™ at AAIE and at home to stay safer and better informed
>Get security notices, status updates, alerts and more while in NYC.
>Download the app for a chance to win a year of TOTALITY™ (valued up to $5,500) to keep your school better prepared and, ultimately, safer.
Webinar Presenter: Mike Johnson, CEO of Clearpath Alerts LLC. Mike is a business leader and former U.S. government Senior Manager with extensive experience working with international schools and businesses in high threat settings.
About Clearpath Alerts: Clearpath Alerts LLC is a Fort Lauderdale, Florida-based security technology company which provides domestic and international schools, institutions, corporations, event producers with risk, security and dynamic communication technology solutions. As a company, we believe that the preventive and preparedness aspects of the emergency planning cycle combined with dynamic mobile communication tools, crowdsourcing intelligence, and data and analytics better ready our clients for the majority of emergencies they may face. Our team of entrepreneurs, security experts, technologists and marketers has proven expertise in the international risk management, security and technology industries. Our combined experience enabled the development of the Clearpath Alerts TOTALITY™ online and mobile system which was built for the 360° needs of today’s challenges to enable a healthier, safer tomorrow. For more information on Clearpath Alerts and TOTALITY™ visit www.clearpathalerts.com or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Responding to "13 Reasons Why": Recommendations for International School Counselors
- 51st Conference Advertising Opportunities