Conference Speaker Information
Important Info & Updated Deadlines
Anytime in November - Check that your school/organization'
2017-18 AAIE Membership is current. Register for the Conference and Book Your Hotel. Please remind your co-presenters/ panelists to also register & book early.
15th - Check back to see the updated 52nd Concurrent Session Schedule & inform your team of any adjustments. If you are on a Collaborative Panel, watch for an introduction email to your team to connect with your lead moderator(s) and begin planning.18th - Download the AAIE Powerpoint Template with important conference details for your session. Google or PPT
20th - Start Preparing photo(s) and bio(s) for upload to the AAIE Mobile App - More information in December
1st - Speaker Registration Deadline for the conference. Alternate presenters will be chosen for those not registered by this date
2nd - Tweet! Facebook! Shout! - Let everybody know you will present at AAIE, your topic and why they should attend! #AAIE18 (see badge and link info below)
15th - Upload/adjust Speaker Information to the Mobile App/Program
16th - Final day for booking hotel at special AAIE Discount Rate
52nd Annual PRE-Conference Events@ Marriott Marquis - Times Square NYC
5-7th 52nd Annual Conference and Expo @ Marriott Marquis - Times Square NYC
8-11th ISS Recruitment Fair @ Marriott Marquis - Times Square NYC
AAIE Leadership CONNECTOR: 52nd Conference Highlights Edition
Start planning your session proposal for the 53rd AAIE in San Francisco and check the AAIE website in May of 2018 to get an early start
Open in Powerpoint
Open in Google Slides
Download Speaker Badge
Use #AAIE18 and add this link: https://goo.gl/pLOnM4
Speaker Information & Updates
We are excited to have you part of the 52nd AAIE International Leadership Conference & Expo. Your professional contributions and willingness to share your experience with others is so important to creating this timely, engaging and dynamic learning experience for leadership colleagues from around the world. Thank you!
CONCURRENT PRESENTATION SCHEDULE - DRAFT 1 NOV 2017 IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR SPEAKERS!
Please click on the link above and follow the steps below:
1) Find your name and ensure your name is on the schedule correctly
Note: We do not use titles for concurrent sessions or name badges due to longstanding issues with this (Dr., Prof., etc). You are welcome to adjust this in the App Program once your/your session leader has been given access
2) If your name is BOLDED, Skip to #3. If your name is not BOLDED, we are waiting for your acceptance to participate. Please email us promptly to confirm your acceptance to present & commitment to attend. The subject of your email should be YOUR NAME: 52nd Speaker Confirmation and should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org / cc: email@example.com
All listed speakers who's names are NOT IN BOLD have until Friday, 10 November to email their confirmation and ensure their name stays on the schedule.
3) An updated version of the schedule will then be posted the week of 13 November 2017. All Collaborative Panels will be contacted around the same time to connect all speakers with the group facilitator/moderator so they can begin planning.
4) Please note that your session time/date could still change. All presenters are required to be in attendance for both Tuesday and Wednesday to accommodate any such changes on future versions of the schedule.This page contains the most current and important information about your speaking or session leadership at the conference. Please take the time to ensure success before and during the conference by reading through the following information and completing the needed actions by the posted due dates.
• Lead Presenter / Lead Moderator: This refers to the individual that submitted the speaker proposal form online with AAIE. This is the ONLY person that AAIE will directly send notifications, updates and scheduling information to about your session. You need to forward any information to any other presenters working with you to keep them informed.
• Co-Presenter/ Panel Member: This refers to other individuals that are participating in the session with the Lead Presenter/ Lead Moderator. These persons are NOT the main contact for the session, and will need to get all information updates from AAIE forwarded to them from the Lead.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact the AAIE Office via the contact information at the bottom of this message.
Register for the Conference and Book Hotel EARLY!
All speakers need to register for the conference by 1 December 2017 in order to maintain their session on the schedule. Anyone not registered by this date will be replaced with one of the many alternates that are eager to present. Sessions can be on ANY day of the conference, so it is important to plan to attend the full conference from 5-7 February as we can not guarantee what date/time your session will be scheduled.
Register for the Conference HERE
The Marriott Marquis in Times Square is home to both the 52nd AAIE (3-7 Feb.) and the ISS Recruitment Fair (8-11 Feb.), but is ALSO a very popular hotel and fully booked with events the week of our conference. This means it can be very busy and the number of special priced rooms for our guests are limited. Please be sure to make your reservation as soon as possible but before 15 December 2017 for best chances to get the AAIE discounted price.
Reservation Dates: For the main AAIE Conference, we recommend that you plan to arrive on Sunday 4 February and depart Thursday 8 February 2018. If you are a member of one of the many global Board Meetings or AAIE Pre-Conference Events that take place on Saturday or Sunday, please check the dates to ensure you have reserved the additional nights for these meetings.
Book Your Hotel at Special Discount Rates HERE
Share your session & Get the Badge!
Speaking at AAIE is an opportunity to share your knowledge and expertise in international educational leadership with a diverse and networked group of leaders and influencers. Now is the time to let others know you will be speaking at AAIE and start building excitement about your session and this global event with colleagues! To support you in filling your session, we've created a badge for your website, blog, email signature or social media to let your colleagues know you were selected and where to join you. Download the Speaker Badge here then include it on social media with #AAIE18 and add this link: https://goo.gl/pLOnM4
Looking for tips on effectively getting the word out about your session? Use the guide below to help increase your success in sharing your session on social media: Download AAIE Guide to Sharing on Social Media
This year, we are again providing a PowerPoint /Google Slides template to assist in creating your presentation. The template is branded for AAIE 2018. It includes a title slide, customizable for your session title and presenter(s) names. There is also an AAIE color palette for consistent color usage. Finally the template includes an ending slide with a thank you, reminder of session feedback and details about the 2018 conference in NYC. Please let me know if you need further assistance with the templates. The use of the template is not required but we do appreciate you including the information on the opening and closing slides as well as our twitter hashtag #AAIE18 if you decide to use your own template.
Share with Co-Presenters & Panelists
Please share this information with all co-presenters and panelists. AAIE will only send updates and information directly with the individual that submitted the session proposal. If you have a co-presenter or are moderating a panel, thank you for forwarding any information concerning the conference from AAIE to your colleagues. We request that each co-presenter or panelist, register for the conference by 1 December, 2017.
Conference App, Files, & Biography
In the next few weeks, AAIE will provide the lead speaker or panel moderator access to the conference app. The app is the primary way for communicating with attendees, will hold the most up-to-date scheduling and session information and will be used in a variety of interactive ways. As a presenter it gives you an opportunity to upload your photo, edit your biography, add co-presenters or panel members and add files you want to share for your session.
While this is still in production through January 2018, we will give you instructions in the next few weeks on adding your information and that of other speakers in your group. In the meantime, ensure you have your photo and bio information handy and up to date, and begin collecting this information from all other Co-Presenters / Panel Members in your group now so you can easily update your session information.